Quality Assurance Technician
Our Mission: “Come grow with us”
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production of Popping Corn, Microwave Popcorn and Ready-to-Eat Popcorn for numerous national brands, private label partners as well as all the beloved Pop Weaver branded items.
Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, will open its newest production plant in Bethlehem, PA in Q1 2021 utilizing state-of-the-art equipment to produce ready-to-eat popcorn. The Associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing remain focused on the company's mission - To offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn at the lowest possible price.
The purpose of the Quality Assurance Technician is to ensure that a quality product is being produced at all times. The Quality Assurance Technician is also responsible to catch any problems that arise before, during and after productions.
The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Technician include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee quality systems (webtools, HARPC, HACCP, and HACQP plans)
- Training of associates on the quality systems
- Completing monthly internal audits for designated areas, including both a physical audit and document review
- Supporting continuous improvement of the SQF systems
- Support the development implementation, review, and maintenance of SQF systems
- Support the Food Safety and Quality Fundamentals
- Support the Food Safety and Quality Plan
- Interfacing with multiple production departments
- Supporting other QA departments as needed
Experience – Three (3) or more years of related experience.
Education – Minimum of a two-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience.
Candidates should be assertive, have the ability to work with minimal direction, demonstrate problem solving techniques, work independently, and have great communication skills.
Candidates should also have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
· HARPC and/or HACCP Training Certificate
· SQF Practitioner
· Day Shift: 5:45 AM – 6:00 PM. 3 days on (Sa/Su/M); 2 days off (Tu/W); 2 days on (Th/F); 3 days off (Sa/Su/M) and so on.
· Night Shift: 5:45 PM – 6:00 AM. 3 days on (Sa/Su/M); 2 days off (Tu/W); 2 days on (Th/F); 3 days off (Sa/Su/M) and so on.
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Apply Now.
This available job is a Rotation shift position located in Bethlehem, PA.