PLC Controls Technician (Electro-Mechanical)-Days
PLC Controls Technician(Electro-Mechanical)
Bethlehem, PA Come Grow with Us
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production of Popping Corn,
Microwave Popcorn and Ready-to-Eat Popcorn for numerous national brands, private label partners as well as all the beloved Pop Weaver branded items.
Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, will open its newest production plant in Bethlehem, PA in Q1 2021 utilizing state-of-the-art equipment to produce ready-to-eat popcorn. The Associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing remain focused on the company's mission - To offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn at the lowest possible price.
· Troubleshoot electro-mechanical issues and repair pneumatic valves, motors and gearboxes, and electrical and mechanical controls of the production equipment.
· Repair and rebuild ink jet and thermal transfer printers that have been taken out of service.
· Adhere to the policies and practices in the Associate Handbook, Weavernet, and Quality system.
· Edit PLC programs as needed to accommodate for changes to equipment and products
· Edit robot programs as needed for new palletizing patterns and make minor edits to camera OCV code inspection layouts to keep QA verifications functioning properly.
· Edit touch-screen HMIs as necessary to accommodate for changes to equipment and products. Abilities:
- 3-phase Motors
- Allen Bradley PLC’s and Drives
- ABB and Fanuc Robot
- Cognex Cameras
- AC/DC Drive Frequency Controllers
- Electrical, Pneumatic, and Mechanical Schematics
Education – Minimum of a two-year degree or equivalent controls experience and/or willingness to work towards a degree.
Qualifications – Minimum of 1 year of related experience.
The preferred candidate will have at least three (3) years of experience in the following:
- Allen Bradley programmable logic controllers
- PLC troubleshooting
- Working with and setting up DH+, Ethernet, or other types of communication networks
- PC setup and maintenance skills
- Working with AC/DC drive frequency controllers and setup
- Reading electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical schematics
Day Shift: 5:45 AM – 6:00 PM. 3 days on (Sa/Su/M); 2 days off (Tu/W); 2 days on (Th/F); 3 days off (Sa/Su/M) and so on.
Night Shift: 5:45 PM – 6:00 AM. 3 days on (Sa/Su/M); 2 days off (Tu/W); 2 days on (Th/F); 3 days off (Sa/Su/M) and so on.
Hours worked on Sunday more than 40 for the Monday-Sunday workweek are paid at double (2x) the regular hourly rate.
Benefits: Group Health Coverage … 100% 401(k) Match of first 10% deferred … and more!
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing, Inc. (“Weaver”) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status, unless such status constitutes a bona fideoccupational qualification. Weaver will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.
OUR MISSION: “COME GROW WITH US”
Physically - To Live
Socio-Emotionally - To Love Mentally - To Learn
Spiritually - To Leave A Legacy Apply Now.
This available job is a Rotation-Days shift position located in Bethlehem, PA.