Team Leader – Food Manufacturing
Come Grow with Us!
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production of Popping Corn, Microwave Popcorn and Ready-to-Eat Popcorn for numerous national brands, private label partners as well as all the beloved Pop Weaver branded items.
Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing will open its newest facility in Bethlehem in Q1 2021. The Associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing remain focused on the company's mission - To offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn at the lowest possible price.
It’s our daily dedication to excellence that has driven us to create some of the most delicious variety of ready-to-eat popcorns in the world.
As Team Leader, you will lead a team of hourly associates with an approach that promotes safety and quality, while running efficient production.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintaining a safe working environment through achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in all accident and near-miss categories.
- Empowering associates to behave with confidence in a quality-driven work environment where they make a product consistent with quality standards set by Weaver Popcorn Company.
- Ensuring efficient production by effectively managing downtime and constantly working towards eliminating downtime to ensure production needs are met.
- Maintaining all inventory levels, equipment, and tools so to eliminate scrap and maintain efficient production.
- Filling in for the Department Manager when necessary by attending meetings, and production calls.
- Day Shift: 5:45 AM – 6:00 PM. 3 days on (Sa/Su/M); 2 days off (Tu/W); 2 days on (Th/F); 3 days off (Sa/Su/M) and so on.
- Night Shift: 5:45 PM – 6:00 AM. 3 days on (Sa/Su/M); 2 days off (Tu/W); 2 days on (Th/F); 3 days off (Sa/Su/M) and so on.
Education: Minimum of an Associate degree in a related field. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Experience: 3+ years of related manufacturing experience including leadership job duties. Experience in Quality Assurance and Business Costing is preferred.
The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with proven leadership abilities.
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing, Inc. (“Weaver”) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status, unless such status constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Weaver will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.
This available job is a Rotation shift position located in Bethlehem, PA.