Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing – Bethlehem, PA
Our Mission: “Come grow with us”
Got a job … but want a career? “Come grow with us”
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader
in the production of Ready-to-Eat Popcorn.
Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is opening its newest facility in Bethlehem.
The Associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing share a Mission - To offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn. It’s our daily dedication to excellence that has driven us to create some of the most delicious Ready-to-Eat popcorns in the world.
The purpose of the Safety Specialist is to provide a safe working environment, overseeing the wellbeing of all associates. The Safety Specialist also develops, implements, and audits safety programs as well as directing and overseeing the IH testing program, audiograms, and Government required processes. The Safety Specialist will make decisions as they pertain to enforcing, implementing, or translating Safety rules and policies. The Safety Specialist will make decisions that may affect production, i.e., the Safety Specialist can shut down production if there is a threat to the associates’ safety.
· Maintaining training records as needed
· Conducting new hire orientation training
· Networking with other WPM sites to share and implement best practices
· Planning and coordinating CPR, OSHA 10-Hour, and fire extinguisher training as needed
· Conducting Safety training presentations during pre-shift meetings monthly
· Driving the Safety Slogan contest annually
· Collecting, investigating, and managing Near Miss reports daily
· Assisting in completing New Equipment Release Form (N.E.R.F) as needed
· Creating Toolbox Talks and visual reminders, and posting them
· Preparing and presenting Company meeting slides quarterly
· Entering and receiving Purchase Orders (POs) for supplies and services related to EHS
· Creating and printing security access badges for new hires
· Maintaining the contractor binder as needed
· Training and leading the safety committee on all shifts
Education – Associate degree or equivalent experience required.
Minimum Qualifications – Two or more years of applicable experience.
Preferred Qualifications - BS/BA Degree in Environmental Health & Safety, or another related field; OSHA 30-Hour Certification; First Aid, CPR, AED certified.
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This available job is a Days shift position located in Bethlehem, PA.