4:45 PM-5:00 AM
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production and co-packing of Popping Corn, Microwave Popcorn and Ready-to-Eat Popcorn for numerous national brands, private label partners as well as all the beloved Pop Weaver branded items.
Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing operates the world's largest microwave popcorn manufacturing facility and utilizes state-of-the-art equipment to also produce both air and wet pop ready-to-eat popcorn. The associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing remain focused on the company's mission - to offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn at the lowest possible price.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
The purpose of a Level 1 Technician is responsible for maintaining their own equipment through safety, quality, and good manufacturing practices. They will be accountable for understanding and effectively troubleshooting each machine within the department and will take ownership for production numbers, along with the Team Leaders, because they play an important role in machine efficiency.
When it comes to safety in the workplace, the Technician is responsible for setting the example for others by following all safety procedures and policies, identifying potential safety issues, and offering solutions to safety issues.
The Level 1 Technician is responsible for communicating with peers and leaders to resolve issues and implementing and/or completing assigned projects related to safety, quality, and production. They are also responsible for developing and implementing improvements to the equipment and control processes while reducing scrap using automated controls.
A Level 1 Technician will be required to effectively perform the following duties at the end of a 90-day probationary period:
- Maintaining a safe, clean work environment
- Completing all quality-related checks effectively and documenting in the QMS
- Systematically transferring materials
- Operating all equipment in the department with little to no help
- Identifying and troubleshooting equipment or process-related issues
- Line changeovers, including mechanical and PLC recipe adjustments
- Equipment failure rebuilds
- Understanding of the entire process flow and how the line logic communicates with each machine
The Technician has the authority to shut down the line and lockout the machine if there is a safety, quality, or other policy concern. The Technician is allowed to determine and proceed with the best course of action for correcting issues with the equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Education – Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
2+ years of experience in the following:
- Troubleshooting high-speed manufacturing equipment
- Operator level servo drive recipes edits
- Understanding of high-speed I/O modules and PLC’s
- Working with AC/DC drive frequency controllers and setup
Education – 2-year degree from a technical or trade school.
Maintenance-related experience with high-speed food manufacturing automation including:
- 3 phase motors
- Allen Bradley PLC’s
- AC/DC drive frequency controllers
- Electrical background
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High-stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Sunday-Saturday Rotating Schedule (4:45 PM-5:00 AM)
- Weekly overtime may be required
- Weekends may be required
- Holidays may be required
This available job is a Rotation-Nights shift position located in Whitestown, IN.