Senior Controls Engineer
Come Grow with Us!
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production and co-packing of Popping Corn, Microwave Popcorn and Ready-to-Eat Popcorn for numerous national brands, private label partners as well as all the beloved Pop Weaver branded items.
Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing operates the world's largest microwave popcorn manufacturing facility and utilizes state-of-the-art equipment to also produce both air and wet pop ready-to-eat popcorn. The Associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing remain focused on the company's mission - to offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn at the lowest possible price.
The Senior Controls Engineer directs the modification and installation of control systems; facilitates the transfer of knowledge of control systems and electrical projects; supports the maintaining of controls networks, web servers, data historian and operator interface systems.
Key concepts of the role include, but are not limited to, developing control concepts, program design, coding and implementation, instrumentation selection and operator interface development.
What are we looking for?
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required; Electrical / Controls Engineering degree is required.
· Four (4) or more years of Factory Controls engineering experience in a comparable technical position in a manufacturing environment with experience in project execution and leadership.
· Ability to architect manufacturing control systems. Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs, Siemens, Iconics and/or other major control systems technologies preferred. Experience with RSLogix500, FactoryTalk, Wonderware, and/or Modicon is a plus.
· Strong knowledge of control systems used in high-speed manufacturing systems.
· Action oriented, results driven, collaborator and a strong leader.
What would be your key responsibilities?
· Owner of the Controls Infrastructure across three plants.
· Owner of the Automation Roadmap Strategy; Execute the controls Master Plan, bringing the controls infrastructure to the next generation.
· Responsible for problem resolution for all Factory Controls Infrastructure.
· Direct the work activities of outside contractors, controls technicians, and other associates with the installation of instrumentation, PLC based control systems, and PC based operator interfaces.
· Evaluate concerns and requests from operations/production teams and devise/implement solutions accordingly.
What can you expect from us?
· The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career at Weaver.
· An industry competitive salary and great benefits package.
· Amazing 401(k) match.
· Chance to work cross functionally, and add value and impact to the business.
If you are passionate, a great problem solver, resilient and have a high drive for results, then we want to hear from you!
Free Popcorn on site!
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing, Inc. (“Weaver”) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status, unless such status constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Weaver will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs. Apply Now.
This available job is a Days shift position located in Whitestown, IN.