Indirect Buyer – Food Manufacturing
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing – Whitestown, Indiana
Our Mission: “Come grow with us”
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production and co-packing of Popping Corn, Microwave Popcorn and Ready-to-Eat Popcorn for numerous national brands, private label partners as well as all the beloved Pop Weaver branded items. Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing operates the world's largest microwave popcorn manufacturing facility and utilizes state-of-the-art equipment to also produce both air and wet pop ready-to-eat popcorn. The associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing remain focused on the company's mission - to offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn at the lowest possible price.
The purpose of the Indirect Buyer is to identify qualified suppliers and procure the products and services needed to support the operation of the business. The products that the Indirect Purchasing team procures are all goods that support the business but do not go into the finished product (ie: machine components, office supplies, etc.). Some examples of services procured include facility cleaning, machine repair, grounds maintenance, etc.
The primary responsibilities of the Indirect Buyer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble and distribute request for quotations and proposals as needed to procure items or benchmark current sources
- Place purchase orders in support of indirect purchasing needs
- Ensure that contracted pricing is adhered to when applicable
- Review quotes and proposals from suppliers and negotiate as needed to ensure best pricing and service
- Work with the Indirect Purchasing Manager to identify cost, quality, delivery & inventory improvement opportunities
- Work with suppliers, accounting and stakeholders to resolve payment, service or supply discrepancies
- Monitor orders and work with suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of goods or services
- Work with stakeholders in the organization to setup new suppliers as needed
- Support the Indirect Purchasing Manager and the organization to achieve the performance levels required
- Achieve cost savings target or goal as determined by leadership
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 – 2 years relevant purchasing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in AS 400 (preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work alone and be self-motivated
- Ability to work cross-functionally (will work closely with operations team)
- Willing to work remotely until office staff has returned to the office full time
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Apply Now.
This available job is a Days shift position located in Whitestown, IN .