Quality Assurance Technician-Nights
Quality Assurance Technician- NIGHTS
Quality Assurance Manager
Weaver Popcorn was founded in 1928 by Ira Weaver. Today, Pop Weaver is still based in Indiana and has become a leading brand of microwave popcorn. Our products can be found throughout the United States and in more than 90 other countries worldwide.
It's our daily dedication to excellence that has driven us to create one of the healthiest microwave popcorns in the world, with richer, buttery flavor than ever before.
And because we've always believed in doing what's right, we remain conscious of the environment around us, using less packaging material and ink and utilizing natural, unbleached bags.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the quality technician is to ensure a quality product is being produced at all times. The quality technician is also responsible to catch any problems that arise before, during and after productions.
The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Technician include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee quality systems (web tools, HARPC, HACCP, and HACQP plans)
- Training of associates on the quality systems
- Completing monthly internal audits for designated areas, including both a physical audit and document review
- Supporting continuous improvement of the SQF systems
- Support the development implementation, review, and maintenance of SQF systems
- Support the Food Safety and Quality Fundamentals
- Support the Food Safety and Quality Plan
- Interfacing with multiple production departments
- Supporting other QA departments as needed
Audits i.e. glass, etc.
Verifying all entries
Provide Directions on the Production floor
The quality technician can make decisions confidently and call for high authority when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Education – a minimum of a two-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience
This candidate should be assertive, have the ability to work with minimal direction, demonstrate problem-solving techniques, work independently, and have great communication skills.
This candidate should also have good working knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Word and Excel.
HARPC and/or HACCP Training Certificate
SQF Practitioner Apply Now.
This available job is a Rotation-Nights shift position located in Whitestown, IN.