Quality Assurance Coordinator
Quality Assurance Coordinator – Food Manufacturing
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing – Whitestown, Indiana
Our Mission: “Come grow with us”
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production and co-packing of Popping Corn, Microwave Popcorn and Ready-to-Eat Popcorn for numerous national brands, private label partners as well as all the beloved Pop Weaver branded items. Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing operates the world's largest microwave popcorn manufacturing facility and utilizes state-of-the-art equipment to also produce both air and wet pop ready-to-eat popcorn. The associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing remain focused on the company's mission - to offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn at the lowest possible price.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator’s role supports production with quality management, including the development and implementation of quality policies, procedures, and practices.
The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing and updating quality systems (webtools, HACCP, and HACQP plans)
- Supervising a team of salaried Quality Assurance Technicians
- Creating and implementing training of associates on the quality systems
- Completing monthly internal audits for designated areas, including both a physical audit and document review
- Supporting continuous improvement of the SQF systems
- Interfacing with multiple production departments
- Supporting other QA departments as needed
- Completing secondary responsibilities including sampling ingredients, verifying oil blends, inspecting tankers, working with the sales department to meet customer requests (documentation requests, audits, samples, etc.) and investigate customer complaints.
The primary job duties of the Quality Assurance Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing and updating quality systems daily
- Creating and implementing training of associates monthly
- Performing monthly internal audits for designated areas
- Completing new item change requests, ensuring that items are ready for realization as needed
- Sampling ingredients, verifying oil blends, inspecting tankers, and environmental swabbing as needed
- Completing reports with information for senior sales group, customers, ownership, and other company decision makers as needed
- The Quality Assurance Coordinator has the authority to approve the release of ingredients, shut lines down or hold products for quality issues, and make decisions on how to proceed with incidents.
Experience – Five (5) or more years of related experience.
Education – Minimum of a four-year college degree.
Candidates should be assertive, have the ability to work with minimal direction, demonstrate problem solving techniques, work independently, and have great communication skills.
Candidates should also have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
· HARPC and/or HACCP Training Certificate
· SQF Practitioner
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time Apply Now.
This available job is a Days shift position located in Whitestown, IN.