Material Handler Warehouse 2nd shift
Material Handlers – Food Manufacturing
Got a job … but want a career? “Come grow with us”
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production of Ready-to-Eat Popcorn.
Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is opening its newest facility in Whitestown.
The Associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing share a Mission - To offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn. It’s our daily dedication to excellence that has driven us to create some of the most delicious Ready-to-Eat popcorns in the world.
Material Handlers start at $20.00 per hour.
The Material Handler responsibilities include the following:
· Possesses two years of related experience.
· Possesses recent job history with previous employment of 18+ months with the same employer.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with peers, case packers, operators, hourly line leaders, and salaried team leaders.
· Experienced with inventory system entries.
· Identifies and transports requested materials to and from various locations including machines, loading docks, trailers, and storage areas.
· Accesses production schedule and/or shipping orders and then identifies, verifies, and transports requested raw materials, equipment, or processing materials accordingly.
· Reports any problems with materials or transportation to Team Leader; constantly on guard to find labelling mistakes, damage, and so on.
· Organizes pallets, and other supplies in specified areas.
· Inspects equipment daily; documents on forms provided. Immediately brings any unsafe acts or conditions to the attention of leadership.
Your duties will include the following:
The work that the Shipping/Receiving Operator performs includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Receiving materials daily
- Unloading and loading trucks to bring materials into the plant and send finished product to customers daily
- Ordering materials through making RO’s, sending emails, and making phone calls weekly
- Cleaning and organizing the warehouse through sweeping, emptying trash, and moving materials daily
- Assisting with inventory issues by looking up items in computer and counting physical inventory weekly
· One (1) or more of related experience. Food manufacturing experience, preferred.
· High School degree or GED/HSE
Day Shift: 2:00pm-10:30pm. Monday-Friday
Shift Premium for nights is $2.00/per hour worked
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing, Inc. (“Weaver”) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status, unless such status constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Weaver will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs. Apply Now.
This available job is a Material Handler-2nd shift shift position located in Whitestown, IN.