PLC Controls Technician (Electro-Mechanical)-Nights
PLC Controls Technician – Work/Life Balance – Plus $10k!
Van Buren, IN
Have you forgotten what work/life balance was all about? If this is you, you’ll like your schedule: A total of seven (7) days worked, and seven (7) days off in a two-week pay period.
Day and Night Shifts available!
· Day Shift: 4:30 AM – 4:45 PM. 3 days on (Sa/Su/M); 2 days off (Tu/W); 2 days on (Th/F); 3 days off (Sa/Su/M) and so on.
· Night Shift: 4:30 PM – 4:45 AM. 3 days on (Sa/Su/M); 2 days off (Tu/W); 2 days on (Th/F); 3 days off (Sa/Su/M) and so on … .
Hourly pay up to $38/hour. Hours worked on Sunday more than 40 hours for the week are paid at double (2x) the regular hourly rate.
Signing Bonus of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) at 90 calendar days from your employment
Retention Bonus totaling seven thousand five hundred ($7,500):
· Two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) at 180 calendar days from your employment
· Two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) at nine months from your employment
· Two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) at twelve months from your employment
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production of Popping Corn,
Microwave Popcorn and Ready-to-Eat Popcorn for numerous national brands, private label partners as well as all the beloved Pop Weaver branded items.
Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, the Associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing remain focused on the company's mission - To offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn at the lowest possible price.
OUR MISSION: “COME GROW WITH US”
Physically - To Live
Socio-Emotionally - To Love Mentally - To Learn
Spiritually - To Leave a Legacy
Your responsibilities and skills:
· Troubleshoot electro-mechanical issues and repair pneumatic valves, motors and gearboxes, and electrical and mechanical controls of the production equipment.
· Repair and rebuild ink jet and thermal transfer printers that have been taken out of service.
· Adhere to the policies and practices in the Associate Handbook, Weavernet, and Quality system.
· Edit PLC programs as needed to accommodate for changes to equipment and products.
· Edit robot programs as needed for new palletizing patterns and make minor edits to camera OCV code inspection layouts to keep QA verifications functioning properly.
· Edit touch-screen HMIs as necessary to accommodate for changes to equipment and products. Your knowledge and ability:
- 3-phase Motors
- Allen Bradley PLC’s and Drives
- ABB and Fanuc Robot
- Cognex Cameras
- AC/DC Drive Frequency Controllers
- Electrical, Pneumatic, and Mechanical Schematics
Education – Minimum of a two-year degree OR equivalent controls experience.
Qualifications – Minimum of 1 year of related experience.
The preferred candidate will have at least three (3) years of experience in the following:
- Allen Bradley programmable logic controllers
- PLC troubleshooting
- Working with and setting up DH+, Ethernet, or other types of communication networks
- PC setup and maintenance skills
- Working with AC/DC drive frequency controllers and setup
- Reading electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical schematics
Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision group health care coverage, life insurance, long- and short-term disability income continuation, and education reimbursement … along with a 100% match of your 401(k) deferrals … up to 10% of your earnings!
Weaver Associates share a principle-centered mission of safety and quality. Associates must wear a mask or face shield. $200.00 Vaccination Incentive.
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing, Inc. (“Weaver”) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status, unless such status constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Weaver will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs. Apply Now.
This available job is a Rotation-Nights shift position located in Van Buren, IN.